Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm all ready to go... and waiting...

My mother-in-law just postponed yet another visit. I would rejoice but I'm really getting tired of putting my house and family through the rigors of keeping the house rediculously clean. You see, my mother-in-law is a not so neat and organized person. If my house isn't clean, she'll take it as a get out of jail free card and leave her her stuff all over the place... if the house is clean she usually restricts the damage to the bedroom that she is sleeping in. This is important to me.

Anyway, I finished putting everything away and getting to know my stuff in my craft room. It was pretty hard fondling everything but not being able to come up with any ideas for how to use them at the moment. It is my biggest fear that I'm going to wind up with a creativity block if I don't scrap everyday... but that's another bridge over another river.

So... i will share the unveiling of my new (improved?) craft space. First... a before picture:
**Click to enlarge if you really want to see my junk... Jenn... no peeking**










As you can see, I was pretty cramped with the sewing machine crammed over by the tv, and any sewing would mean that the kids couldn't watch any tv at all because my big butt would be the main attraction! OH... and these pictures are sans new computer...














Now I have my computer, desk and sewing machine all aligned and out of the the way!
I didn't do much with the drafting table other than adding those cute black and white caddies ($3.50 each on clearance!) they are perfect for my metalgrams and foam stamps! All of the paper that used to sit on the table has been migrated to my bookshelf...














And there is my beloved sewing machine... I have to blow the dust off of it, but I will be a sewing fiend by this weekend! Ain't my computer pretty? It's the main reason that I get so little scrapping done! It's evil! If you look close enough, you'll see the little horns and pitchfork... bad bad computer! bad!

and lastly, my shelf, out of the way and shelves bowing under the weight of all of my crap... but most importantly is the little cubby that I made for the television that allows the kids to watch cartoons to their hearts content, without the intrusion of my posterior region.

So I guess that settles it... I'm ready to go when I get ready to go huh? Now if I could just down size a bit more... less clutter makes Jae' a happy scrapper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home